I’ve been bitten by that pesky blog bug.
I guess it was bound to happen. This thing has been passed around the web faster than the common cold at an elementary school…
It was only a matter of time….
I do want to thank Stuart from over at Quadrathon for infecting me.
And now, I too will be a part of the pathological process of the blog chain!!
- Post these rules.
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
- No stuff in the tagging section about “you are tagged if you are reading this”. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Random Things About Me:
- I only have 1 kidney, well 1.25 to be exact. Crazy stunt gone bad as a 13 year old…I was chasing a friend and jumped off the back of a trailer and my foot got caught on the side of the bed ruining my clearance. I landed flat on my face (err, kidney apparently) atop of a steel rod which was about to be used to create a basketball goal. THAT kinnda hurt. I’m still not the most graceful individual….
- I wear a size 12 women’s running shoe. It’s a big ole pain in the ass really. No store ever has my size! BTW, I wear an 11 in “normal” shoes. No easy task there either…
- I have a horribly foul mouth…probably from hanging out with my husband for over 20 years. HOW it hasn’t rubbed off on our son, I have no clue….but I have a feeling we haven’t been as fortunate as we think….
- I flunked out of LSU my 1st year of college. I think I MAY have attended 3-4 classes that year…not really sure…I, uh…can’t recall. 😉
- As a result of #4 I had to live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for 6 months because that’s where my parents were residing at the time. There is nothing quite as motivating as removing a college student from all that is familiar and shipping them to a third world country. I returned to the USA, made straight As and graduated on time…GO ME!
- I love, love, love to race. I love getting up at 4am, going through the early morning rituals, filling bottles, racking my bike, putting on the wesuit, standing in the porty-potty line…the feel of the crowd…lining up at the water’s edge…I eat up every minute of it!
- I had my 1st date with my husband when we were 15….and for the record, I had to work pretty hard to get it too!
- I watch old re-runs of Frasier every night on Hallmark channel from 8-11. Funniest show ever…laughing never gets old!!
- I MUST have gum in my mouth at all times…2 pieces of peppermint Ice Breakers Ice Cubes(the little squares). I chew it when I run, it’s in my bento box to change out while I ride, I have boxes in my transition bag, multiple in my purse, and I even swim with a couple.
- I can get lost for hours in a grocery store. Not the ones HERE…because well, there’s WalMart… but a real, normal one can fill up half my day.
- I loathe massages. I think it’s because I’m expected to be quiet and still. Those are two things I just don’t do real well.
11 Questions Answered:
- Finish this sentence; “Revenge is a dish best served…” with arsenic..tends to be toxic, I advise avoiding at all costs.
- If you could invite anyone who would you invite to dinner, (alive or dead) and why? My grandfather. I’d like to hang out and chat as a grown up
- If you could run a race anywhere in the world, which one would would it be? If we’re talking running, I’d have to say a marathon in Athens
- Sum up the bare foot, minimal running, normal shoes argument in a sentence! If it ain’t broke, stop trying to fix it.
- Early morning, middle of the day, in the evening? When is the best time? To run…get your mind out the gutter! early morning…no question
- Do you really read all those magazines you subscribe to, please be honest? eventually..I sit in the car and wait a lot…schoool, after school practices/enrichment activities…plenty of time to read (or nap!)
- What’s your favorite race distance? hmmm, still figuring this out…I THINK for running its the 1/2 marathon, although IF I could run a 10 miler I bet that would be it…I’m thinking the 70.3 will be my favorite triathlon distance, but I’ll get back to you on that!
- What does you family/friends think about your running/biking/swimming etc I’ve never really asked. My husband participates so it’s a non-issue. Most are very excited, encouraging, and motivated to plan a race of their own. Some think we and anyone else who focuses on these events and their preparation are “over the top”, but that’s simply the nature of the beast.
- In the style of “Jeopardy” please answer this question “yes, at least twice a day, Alex” mix SOMETHING in a water bottle
- We all have our “Achilles heel” mine is my ITB, what’s yours? I would’ve said hamstring up until a month or so ago..now it seems to be my feet…trying to get that straight and almost have done so…my hamstring will never be 100% again though.
- Stretching; do you…should you? always…maybe not as long or as thuroughly as I should, but I ALWAYS do something.
Now, I ask of YOU:
- What is the last thing you Googled?
- Superbowl half-time show….loved it or hated it?
- What was your last internet purchase?
- 1 piece or 2…tri-suit that is
- What’s your current ringtone?
- If you could only choose 1… swim/bike/run…for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
- What is the very 1st thing you do when crossing the finish line after the race formalities are done (chip removal, medal adornment, life saving water) ?
- Do you have a theme song..You know, that one that plays over and over in your head and either a) gets you pumped up b) keeps you going when things are tough or c) you sing it at the top of your lungs when hittin on all cylinders??
- Gimme 1 word that describes your running form…
- How would you best sum up your training/racing philosophy?
- It’s 12/31/2012 and you’re reflecting back on the year…what do you think? How did it all turn out?
So who is next on the hit parade? Lucky #11:
Skibba at Tri Me On
Steena at Finding My Happy Pace
Patrick at 3sportjourney
Katie at The Adventure of the Amoses
Sugar Magnolia at Grateful Mamma
Donna at Tri n’ Tri Again
Christian at Bald Guy Running
Jeremy at Train to Tri
David at Penrhyn Ploddings
JC at The Fat Slow Triathlete
Train Happy, My Friends!